Tuesday, February 11, 2014

What's missing

The first thing I did with this bike, apart from storing it for a while was to start inventorying everything that may be missing or broken. Especially with the engine, since it was seized and that would take a while to get back in shape.

Just looking at the engine, the spark plug was destroyed, the cylinder head was chipped (some of the winglets were broken, which is common on this model and the engine lever was bent. the gas tank is dinged, but not leaking at first sight and the return line was bad and plain dry roted anyway. The engine seemed pretty ok otherwise.



I started by taking everything apart just to realize that there would be no movement of the piston and crank shaft, no matter how hard I tried to turn the fly wheel.



So I took the decision to take everything out and see if I would be able to remove the piston from the cylinder with a press...

No comments:

Post a Comment